Sponsor a trivia event with 1Hive TV

Sponsor a trivia event with 1Hive TV

Proposal Information

Proposal description:
An accurate and detailed description of what you are proposing

I propose that we sponsor a trivia event on the 1Hive Discord in partnership with 1Hive TV. The event would be about 30-45 minutes and is basically a decentralized game show. There will be 10 questions all relating to BrightDAO and BrightID and anyone is free to join in and compete. Points are awarded based on the speed with which you select the correct answer. If you are in the top 10 at the end of the game, you win a portion of the prize pool which we would co-sponsor with 1Hive.

Proposal Rationale

Detailed rationale for why this proposal exists and should matter to BRIGHT holders and/or BrightDAO community

This would be a way for us to engage with and build stronger bonds with our community while at the same time teaching folks a little bit about what we’re building. In addition to all questions being related to BrightDAO/BrightID, we would have the opportunity halfway through the program to do a quick announcement about the project and deliver any call to action we want.

On top of all this (and perhaps most importantly) I think this will be fun!!

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
How long do you think it will take to deliver on your proposal

The event would be 30-45 minutes and we are currently aiming for November 19, 2021.

Team Information

Names, usernames, and/or relevant social links for team members (Twitter, Github, BrigthDAO Forum, etc.):

I would be the main contact person for this proposal, but I would be working with @twells who is also a member of both 1Hive and BrightDAO. Some of you may recognize me from the Community Calls, 1Hive, or RabbitHole.

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
What are some of your skills or related experience that might help inform BRIGHT holders about your ability to execute on your proposal

I’ve been a long-time member of the community and have worked to help strengthen and grow it. I am well versed in BrightID and have experience running live events and broadcasting.

Funding Information ( For Funding Proposals )

Amount of BRIGHT requested:

I want to open up discussion to the DAO to determine how much we want to spend on this so I will create a poll attached to this proposal and edit this section once we’ve decided if we want to do this and how much to allocate to it. For referance the next Trivia night on the Nov 5 will feature FOX and will have a total prize pool of $500 USD ($250 from 1Hive and $250 from Shapshift)…I think we can one up those guys right? :innocent:

In addition to the prize sponsorship I request $300 to be split by @twells and I for coordinating and running the event. I will also attach a poll to gain DAO sentiment around this.

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:
0x8498f12d5b71251387A2B3D08E997A8F7dfde5f8

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:

It’s pretty straightforward; the funds would be sent to a wallet I control, and then transferred to my tip.cc wallet on Discord. Once the trivia event is over, I will publically tip the winners their prize based on their position in the top 10.

How much should we allocate to the 1hive Trivia prize pool?

0 voters

Should T Wells and I be paid for this work?
  • No, do it for free please
  • Yes, but less than requested
  • Yes, the amount requested is fair
  • Yes, but more than requested

0 voters

8 Likes

@CurlyBracketEffect Miss the Daon to Earth podcasts on 1Hive. Hope to see more of this collaboration with other DAOs… As a contestant in a few of the previous rounds I got to say that the game is super fun and generates a lot of interest in the community. It will be good to have folk from the bright dao to come join. Fully support this. Do you guys vote on this through gardens?

2 Likes

Yes this will eventually be a Gardens vote once we have had sufficient discussion and feedback from the community to hone in on the parameters we agree on as a collective.

4 Likes

As it turns out I can’t edit the post after 5 minutes because it has a poll in it. Just wanted to add a note so that it’s clear…

NOTE: values for the prize sponsorship vote are in USD

2 Likes

Hey gang wanted to let you know Gitcoin is also co-sponsoring a 1hive Trivia round, probably in December. We were gonna do the 19th but were slow on the draw…

I think it is a great chance for BrightID & Gitcoin to get some information out and have a fun time.

4 Likes

To the moon baby! Absolute moon

1 Like

is there any links to previous trivia events with 1HIVE TV? I’m not familiar with it and would like to see how it works

1 Like

excellent proposal. I’m already active here. good day

2 Likes

I don’t think they have been recorded. The next one should be on Friday with Shapeshift, So you can attend that to see how it goes.

1 Like

FYI - we will be hosting a ShapeShift sponsored game today - all are welcome to come and have some fun! :rocket:

HNY/FOX Rewards for the top 10 finishers + extras like this POAP which we will customize for BrightID’s game on 11/19 : )

S1G234 1 (1)

Come over and join us at 7pm UTC!

3 Likes

Hey folks :wave:

The date for the 1Hive TV trivia event is quickly sneaking up on us. I have opened the official proposal to be voted on here. Please go and vote so that we can have the prize funds clear by the event on Friday. Thanks :pray:

2 Likes

Just finished supporting the proposal. Thanks for the reminder @Monstrosity and @CurlyBracketEffect

The request is for 650 wxdai. From what I can see the poll showed $657 as the average for the prize pool. Will there still be enough left over to pay you and @twells for your effort?

2 Likes

感谢你为社区做出的贡献,我觉得这个主意很棒

suuuuper excited to see the Bright DAO community come out for some trivia fun this Friday! :rocket:
@CurlyBracketEffect and I are putting together some great questions drawn primarily from important discussions here on the forum and the Bright ID documentation. :open_book: :sun_with_face:

If you have a sec, RT this today to help us get rolling!

1 Like

:man_facepalming: oops yeah I totally didn’t add that to the proposal