Present Daoland.Finance to Bright ID community

Hi there, my name is Simone Ruggeri, I am a web3 Product Manager and Project Manager.
I am involved as a PM in dOrg, and I follow BrightID since a few months, and I am a Bright token holder.

I want to present to Bright ID (and to 1Hive in a post in their forum) community a project I am working on with couple friends:

Daoland.Finance

We have a series of slide to present our idea, please don’t call it a pitch deck, but it’s basically a pitch deck: Daoland.Finance official - Google Slides

The idea is to launch it as a Gardens Dao on 1Hive, and to leverage Bright ID for community building and sybil resistance.

One idea that came out is to ask a small Grant to 1Hive community and to Bright ID community, to be used to bootstrap liquidity pools for our token.

The amount we were oriented was something like 100 honey and 50k bright, something in the order of 40k USD.

We are happy to have members of 1Hive and Bright as DAO signers and as part of the founding team, and the reason why we think this grant would be important is that this would be a kind of validation for our idea and for our project.

The main value we think we could bring to this communities (and more in general to community first DAOs) is adoption, and the possibility to run one or more stablecoin fund raises (for example with a bonding curve) together, and having built a common good.

Let’s chat about it, welcome to hear any comment or proposal !

1 Like

Hi Simone, an interesting concept. It seems quite a challenge to establish a crop market. I am wondering how that would work. It needs to be quite large-scale or very local to work, as I can not buy crops from a farmer in a far-away country. How do you envision that?

And can you say maybe something about your project how it relates to Regen network (https://www.regen.network/)?

That would be great, thx.

1 Like

As for the crop market, the idea is that the price for delivery will be part of the market.
Initially, it has sense to have products that are not perishable and easy to be shipped worldwide (for example chocolate, coffee, olive oil).

Once the project has a lot of adoption in local communities also more perishable products could be traded. This would actually help small communities as arbitrators and defi derivatives could help sustain the prices in moments of scarce demand.

Each whitelisted token would be available to be claimed with certain conditions (for example shipping costs).

And yes, we are following pretty closely a lot of projects, included Regen Network, and Celo, Climate Collective, Kolectivo.co and others.

Our aim is to create a common good, we don’t want to compete with other projects; everyone that wants to empower regenerative agriculture without trying to infect it with corporate models is welcome to cooperate and will be able to participate, as an individual, to the airdrop.

Example: you are the CEO of a big organic farming business. You can participate, you can get a decent amount of token if the community recognizes what you do is meaningful, but in this new model you aren’t the boss, you are just one person among the community, that is leveraging (and has at stake) his reputation.

1 Like