Get $BRIGHT added to Tip.cc

Get $BRIGHT added to tip.cc

Proposal Information

Proposal description:
An accurate and detailed description of what you are proposing

I propose that we get $BRIGHT added to the Tip.cc bot so that we can use it in the Discord to distribute tips using our community token.

Proposal Rationale

Detailed rationale for why this proposal exists and should matter to BRIGHT holders and/or BrightDAO community

Tip.cc is a fairly common Discord bot amongst crypto servers. It allows users to tip each other directly or to create time-sensitive drops for multiple users to share a pool of tokens sponsored by the creator. It acts as a custodial wallet for users while the tokens are “on Discord”, and this wallet is accessible through DM as well as in any server that the bot has been added to. This means that the same wallet is used across all servers, i.e. a tip you receive on server A will be added to the same wallet as a tip from server B. The bot also has a withdraw option that allows users to send their tokens to a wallet they control. In this case, $BRIGHT tokens will be able to be withdrawn to xDai network, which will incur minimal transaction fees (conveniently paid in $BRIGHT).

I think this would be a cool addition to the Discord because we can use it to tip and incentivize people for several things such as: helping out other community members, engaging in meaningful conversation, bringing up actionable ideas, creating dank memes, or otherwise being awesome. We can use it to facilitate little events like a trivia night or other games. I think it will also give some added exposure to the $BRIGHT token because it can be used to tip people in other Discord servers.

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
How long do you think it will take to deliver on your proposal

Once funded getting $BRIGHT onto Tip.cc should take less than 7 days.

Team Information ( For Funding Proposals )

Names, usernames, and/or relevant social links for team members (Twitter, Github, BrigthDAO Forum, etc.):

I would be the main contact person for this proposal. Some of you may recognize me from the Community Calls, 1Hive, or RabbitHole.

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
What are some of your skills or related experience that might help inform BRIGHT holders about your ability to execute on your proposal

I’ve been a long-time member of the community and have worked to help strengthen and grow it. In this case, there are no specific relevant skills required to implement this. I will be coordinating with the Tip.cc team in order to get $BRIGHT listed in the bot.

Funding Information ( For Funding Proposals )

Amount of BRIGHT requested:

I am requesting the equivalent of $1650 USD in $BRIGHT

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:
0x8498f12d5b71251387A2B3D08E997A8F7dfde5f8

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:

The fee to get $BRIGHT added to Tip.cc is $1000 USD and needs to be paid either on Mainnet or BSC (:man_shrugging:). I would receive the $BRIGHT to the wallet provided and need to liquidate it for either USDC or USDT then bridge it to BSC (because it will be cheaper…not cuz I like it) and then make the payment to the Tip.cc team.

Once $BRIGHT has been added I will send the equivalent of $500 worth to myself on Discord to test out that everything is working as expected. I will then use the bot to tip folks in the Discord as an example of how the bot works. I plan to give out the entire $500 worth over the course of 1 week. I arbitrarily chose this $500 amount, and I am open to discussion on whether the community thinks this should be higher, lower, or removed altogether.

The remaining $150 would go to me in compensation for my time coordinating this.

I have valued the amount requested in USD for this proposal because the tip.cc team requires payment in USD stable coins, so I will use the option in the proposal creation interface to request funds based on a stable coin (WXDAI). This will use the price oracle to get the average price of $BRIGHT over the course of 24 hours to calculate how much $BRIGHT is taken from the common pool when the proposal gets enacted.

NOTE at current liquidity levels selling $1000 worth of $BRIGHT on Honeyswap would drop the price by less than 1% which I think is acceptable, but I would be interested to arrange an OTC trade with another member of the community if anyone wanted to help us avoid impacting the price at all.

17 Likes

Excited to see this proposal.

I believe the tip bot will be a great way for people to reward each other’s good work and encourage positive actions. I look forward to spreading $BRIGHT to active and helpful community members.

I can vouch for CurlyBracketEffect and his dedication to BrightDAO.
The funds will be used wisely and his requested amounts seems appropriate.

Once the bot is up and running smoothly, I would be happy to consider another proposal for a larger allocation of $BRIGHT for additional tip funding. This could be a great way to spread $BRIGHT to those providing value in the community.

6 Likes

This sounds like a good proposal. My only reservation would be that sometimes monetizing volunteer work can have a negative effect on the motivation of volunteers as the motivation shifts from intrinsic motivation to external motivation (to get $Bright). But I guess you have positive results with this in other Discords? So than this adds some nice utility to $Bright and it’s great if this way more people get involved.

2 Likes

Can you explain how you would determine something to be volunteer work?

3 Likes

I was thinking about people helping each other in discord.

2 Likes

Ah ok I see what you’re saying. Yeah I think the idea here is to publicly signal the type of behaviour we as a community want to promote. I don’t imagine that the tips will be life changing amounts of money to the point that it would drastically shift motivations. But also don’t see any harm in shifting those motivations. In the end we would end up with a more helpful and friendly community.

Thanks for your feedback.

Unless there are any objections voice here by the end of the day I will go ahead with creating a funding proposal for this on the GardenDAO.

4 Likes

The proposal is now up for a vote here:

https://gardens-xdai.1hive.org/#/garden/0x1e2d5fb385e2eae45bd42357e426507a63597397/proposal/4

4 Likes

This is awesome. I love the idea of the tip.cc. It is much needed to incentivise the community especially during any events or discord hangout or just to celebrate active contributors to Bright ID in the community.

4 Likes

Just supported the proposal with some Bright. The timing window seems really short though, only a few hours left?

3 Likes

I appreciate your support. It looks like our resident Bright Whale @castall came in with a sizeable vote which sped the proposal up quite a bit.

2 Likes

Hey…Looks like I am encountering an error when I attempt to execute a proposal that uses the oracle to request an equivalent amount of $BRIGHT based on the wxDai amount requested. I opened an issue here: https://github.com/1Hive/gardens/issues/379

Looks like my proposal is on hold until this get cleared up.

2 Likes

Hey folks…Looks like somebody doesn’t like my proposal and has challenged it. They were asking for my entire deposit as a settlement, and I believe this is a completely valid proposal, so I had no choice but to raise it to Celeste. I trust that the system will work…it’s just annoying. If anyone has questions or concerns about the proposal or the dispute process we can discuss it here.

This is somewhat exciting though because this is the first non-1Hive proposal raised to Celeste…so we are making history!!!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this solid proposal will be slowed down.
But excited to be making history and testing our processes.
BrightDAO, 1Hive, and Celeste will all come out of this stronger.

4 Likes

Upon further poking around, I found the comment.
Looks like this is mostly about testing the process and study.

1 Like

yeah, I wonder if they realize they will lose Bright and Hny for this.

3 Likes

Excited to see this proposal.

I believe the tip bot will be a great way for people to reward each other’s good work and encourage positive actions. I look forward to spreading $BRIGHT to active and helpful community members.

I can vouch for CurlyBracketEffect and his dedication to BrightDAO.
The funds will be used wisely and his requested amounts seems appropriate.

Once the bot is up and running smoothly, I would be happy to consider another proposal for a larger allocation of $BRIGHT for additional tip funding. This could be a great way to spread $BRIGHT to those providing value in the community.

4 Likes

It seems the dispute has been settled as “allowed action”. So this means that the proposal can be executed now, right?

3 Likes

In theory, yes but it is still being blocked by this bug that I opened an issue for:

Anyone is technically allowed to execute the proposal though. You are all welcome to try, but I suspect you will face the same error. I would encourage anyone to try anyway though just to be sure it’s not just me.

Hopefully the Gardens team can shed some light on this soon :pray:

3 Likes

Stoked to see this prop work its way through, thanks @CurlyBracketEffect ! :sweat_smile:

On a related note, 1Hive is running a biweekly trivia game complete with HNY rewards for top 10 finishers! :honey_pot: We use the tip.cc bot for game payouts; now that BRIGHT will be integrated it would be awesome to partner with BrightID for a game in November!? We would focus all questions on the project to incentivize real learning and perhaps offer matching HNY/BRIGHT rewards?

The game this Fri will focus on Agave btw…so feel free to stop by the cafe channel at 7pm utc! :+1: :honeybee:

4 Likes

I love this idea!!!

I’ve got the ball rolling on the tip.cc integration and we should see the first $Bright tips go out within the week.

4 Likes