BrightID Discord Bot - Epic 3

For context on this post, refer to :robot: BrightID Bot Development

Epic 3 - Bot Web App and CI/CD

Web UI Wireframe

I will be designing a UI wireframe to help plan out the web app.
You can see the basic layout coming together

Web App

A Web UI would be the first step in making connections between BrightID communities. The BrightID Discord bot has access to a lot of useful community data. For example, early utilization of this data can be seen in the /guilds command, where the bot displays a list of Discord servers using the BrightID bot in order of server member count. While seeing guilds is a cool proof of concept, the data model is too vast for a bot to truly visualize and allow access to useful and contextual information.

This is what a web app is for. A proper UI will allow us to really bring out the best in the bot. I see the MVP of the web app containing two main features.

• BrightID bot statistics:

• Verified Users
    • Servers
    • Sponsorships
  • Admin Features

• Admins can use the web UI to manage the bot, instead of through slash commands.
    • Handle role names, server invite links, and sponsorships

The MVP will stick to these main features, and then branch out in further Epics once I have completed the proof of concept.

CI/CD

The bot is now growing to be a large codebase (~4000 lines). To maintain proper DX, a CI/CD pipeline should be setup to ensure that new builds are properly linted, tested, and built before moving to prod.

Update: State of Sponsorships

A few months ago, SHE sponsored a Raid from Raid Guild to flesh out a sponsorship feature from the bot. Significant progress was made in the ability for the bot to maintain sponsorships, however, it seems effort has dried up at the finish line.

I am really excited about this feature, and can’t wait to push it to prod, but as it stands now it is not ready. I am willing to make a mini epic to finish the deployment of this feature If need be.

Funding

There has been a lot that has changed since the original funding request. I made the original offer based off a BRIGHT price of $.50, even though the price was much lower. I did this on purpose, as I love this project and the people I get to work with, and wanted to ramp up over time.

While I am still extremely bullish on BRIGHT, I have to pay California bills. I am changing my request to more directly reflect the amount of work that goes into this bot, and the worth of that worth.

• 500 BRIGHT / hr
    (about $55/hr with a BRIGHT price of $0.11)

• 112500 BRIGHT
    Priced in working 5 hours a day for 45 days

• Recipient Address: 0xf4bb53efcfd49fe036fdcc8f46d981203ae3bab8